What is CAT exam?
CAT – Common Admission Test. It is the leading management entrance exam conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in All India level. Clearing CAT examination gives you supremacy for applying for top IIMs in India. CAT results occupy around 40% of weight in the eligibility for IIM.
However, to clear this reputed examination, CAT registration is a must. Once you are registered, start preparing. This article is a brief explanation of what is CAT exam and a ready reckoner guide on how to prepare if you are a working professional.
How to Prepare?
- Set your priorities – It is understandable that it is difficult for the people who are working to concentrate on the preparation. If you are an aspirant of acing CAT, try to dedicate 3-4 hours a day.
- Do not take a risk of quitting your current job – It is strongly advised not quit your current job. Prepare well while working. Be optimistic and tell yourself that ‘Yes, I can clear’. Earning a substantial amount of money every month, and a decision of quitting your job will not be a good decision. Think wise. Act wisely.
- Attend coaching classes during the weekend – Being a professional, it is not suitable to attend the regular classes. An ideal way to register yourself for CAT 2018 is, attend weekend classes.
- Take up Mock tests – CAT preparation doesn’t actually consist of studying, practising and analysing. It mainly comprises of taking up the mock tests, in order to understand our level of learning. Once you take up the mock test, comprehend and concentrate on your weak areas and practise.
- Prepare according to the syllabus – Being a professional, time is money. Always make sure that you will study the chapters and units according to the syllabus.
On a final note, follow the above tips and tricks to crack the CAT 2018 being a working professional. To know more subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkGpHlpKDqc